Got the scoop on poop and want to help? Great! We need YOU and here are some ideas of what you can do to get started:
- Join the team at the Toilet Hacker Headquarters and help us put more toiletson the map. Everyone’s invited so bring your friends and their friends and maybe that special someone? To know more contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the conversation and stay in the know by following us on twitter @toilethackers, by joining our facebook group or by emailing one of our fabulous staff members at email@example.com money and politics may not be a suitable dinner conversation topic but pooping is what everyone’s talking about!
- Purchase your toilet paper from our friends at whogivesacrap.org who give 50% of their profits to build toilets in the developing world. Everyone’s gotta wipe so you might as well do it for a good cause (other than for the obvious reasons…)
- Start a fundraising campaign, even a little can do a lot. 6 dollars provides a person with basic sanitation, 40 dollars builds a pit latrine for a family of 7, and 500 dollars provides a urine-diverting dry compost toilet with an evaporating plant bed. If you’re able to get as high as $5000 then a whole mid-sized village can be trained by a sanitation entrepreneur expert. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for all the gear you need for your own event!
- Donate your birthday by starting a crowd-rise campaign. Email all your friends and ask them to get involved and show them how their money can contribute to deploying sanitation and hygiene facilities and save lives.